Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole and Boozy Chocolate-Banana Ice Cream

Today was the first day back to school after vacation, and it wasn't as difficult to get back into the routine as I had anticipated. It may have something to do with the fact that the SAT is done and over, so I have a huge load off my shoulders.
My uncle Maneesh was in Dubai for business, so he came over for dinner today. Now, a few days ago, during vacation, mom and I had bought some sweet potatoes because I had an intensely urgent craving for proper Thanksgiving food. I've never had sweet potatoes, since I never liked them, as far as I can remember. Now that my tastes have changed, I get excited about trying all these new foods. I had looked at countless sweet potato recipes, dreaming of the warm, fall flavors that would bring back the nostalgic tastes of fall in Boston. Finally, the day had come that I would be able to try out one of those recipes!
The sweet potatoes came out well, not too sweet, and warm and comforting, even though I tweaked the recipe to make it a bit healthier. I probably ate a third of the whole thing, in addition to the delicious quinoa stir-fry my mom made. The cooking didn't stop there, though. I also made some no-ice-cream-maker-required, boozy chocolate-banana ice cream from David Lebovitz's site to get some use out of an overripe banana. I just tried a bite, and it's not too bad, for my first ice cream attempt!

1 comment:

  1. Someone essentially lend a hand to make severely posts I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Fantastic job!
    Online 3d printing
    3D printing in Coimbatore
    3D printing service in Coimbatore
    3D printing in Chennai

    ReplyDelete